With over 80,000 confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide and almost 3,000 deaths associated with the virus, it’s now time to prepare our businesses and staff for a potential outbreak in the UK.
In light of the heightened concern around a Coronavirus outbreak, we are already in talks with a number of clients over the implementation of safe and secure remote-working procedures; as the number of employees being required to ‘self-contain’ is set to rise.
WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:
– Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases with common signs of infection including respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties*
– Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing and thoroughly cooking meat and eggs*
– Those with weakened immune systems, underlying conditions and the elderly are most at risk*
– There are over 80,000 confirmed cases of Coronavirus Worldwide and almost 3,000 deaths have been associated with the virus
– People travelling back to the UK from China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Macau, Iran, Northern Italy, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar are required to ‘self-contain’ for 2 weeks to ensure that they are free from the virus and therefore pose no risk to the public
– A large number of businesses UK & Worldwide have already been impacted by a reduction in imports / exports
WHAT WE EXPECT TO HAPPEN ACROSS UK BUSINESSES IN THE COMING WEEKS:
– An increase in requirements for employees to ‘self-contain’ after travelling outside of the UK
– Widespread concern amongst employees with fear of coming into contact with the virus (therefore taking time off work, resulting in disruption and loss of productivity)
– Closure of busy public places such as schools (causing childcare issues for employees)
– Potential shortages in the crucial technology that allow businesses to stay up-and-running due decreased imports from affected countries
INFINITY provide all-encompassing products and services to allow for efficient, productive and collaborative working within your business – from anywhere, at anytime. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible to discuss how we can assist you in preparing for a Coronavirus outbreak, to ensure minimal business disruption in future.
Remember, the risk of catching Coronavirus (COVID-19) in UK workplaces is still currently low. Whilst you are not required to act immediately, we feel it is in our duty of care to remain proactive in our approach and raise this as an upcoming business risk.
For further information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to stay up-to-date, please visit the World Health Organisation website.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not medical professionals, nor do we intend to advise on matters regarding the health of individuals. This article has been written to inform readers of our outlook on the potential business impact of Coronavirus in the UK and to highlight how we believe offering flexible and remote-working services could help to mitigate the impact on your business and workforce. For any other business-related queries surrounding Coronavirus (outside of improving IT services), we recommend seeking advice from the relevant industry professionals (e.g. HR, Legal).
Where information is marked (*) – data has been sourced from the World Health Organisation.