Infinity IT is a leading IT Managed Service provider in Staffordshire. We are driven not to simply meet our Customer’s expectations, but to exceed them at all levels and in everything we do. By measuring our results, we continually raise the benchmark of standards clients can, and should, expect from Infinity.
IT Technical Field Engineer
Infinity are looking to hire an experienced IT Field Support Engineer. This is a permanent, full time position. Travel is an integral part of the role, so you must be willing and able to travel within the UK as much as is required by the needs of our customers and our business.
You must be capable of working unsupervised and hitting deadlines. You will meet with lots of different people, so we need a good communicator, who can convey information clearly.
About the Role
Supporting Infinity to maintain the excellent customer service we provide our customers, the purpose of the IT Technical Field Engineer is to provide technical assistance to our customers at their site location where an onsite presence is advantageous. In addition you will also work alongside the service desk and the project team to provide ongoing assistance to our contracted customers. A company vehicle would be supplied.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the IT Field Support Engineer are but not limited to:
- Perform visits to sites to resolve technical issues, both hardware and software and ensure end user satisfaction levels remain high
- Create and maintain high quality technical documentation and provide accurate customer specific reports
- Provide onsite network support and troubleshooting
- To keep up to date on changing processes and procedures
- Proactively flag incidents where no knowledge solution was found
- To assist with technical support issues to ensure they are resolved within SLA timeframes
- To undertake initial diagnosis of an incident with the appropriate priority, category, and incident summary details or error messages
- To ensure the accurate and timely flow of unsolved cases to the escalation process.
- To log all support calls in the service desk, use and verify knowledge in the knowledge management database and where necessary liaise with external support and assist with contracted client’s technical issues
- To assist Sales department with pre-sales technical advice
- Assist Technical Consultants with onsite installations, upgrades and health assessments
You will naturally have a strong foundation in core Microsoft infrastructure technologies
You will be able to demonstrate prior experience and subject matter expertise in providing desktop support and within server environments.
The key areas and technologies that you will show strong experience in are:
- Ideally Microsoft Certified to MCSE or Above
- To be able to work under pressure, self-motivated and a team player
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience of 1st Line Support
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 – Installation, configuration and support
- MS Office 2010 Onwards installation, configuration and support
- Windows Server Support (Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Server 2016 – including: Active Directory (AD)
- Networking knowledge (Switching, Routing, Wireless, VLANS, Packet Capture)
- Anti-Virus – Installation and Support ideally with Panda, Mimecast and other leading vendors.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010,2013,2016 and Exchange Online
- Valid UK Driving License
- Available to work rotating shifts, covering 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Available to work on call shifts as needed
- Available to travel approximately up to 15% of time.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle
- ‘People First’ Training Program